Friday, May 8, 2015

Through the Clouds: Mt. Rokko




Just a short post today :) A couple of my friends and I decided to go hiking up part of Mt. Rokko last week during one of the holidays. The easiest and fastest way to get up there is to take the cable car, but we wanted to hike from the bottom of the mountain, to the cable car station. While the clouds made for a dreary day and not-so-stellar views, it saved us from the heat that would have been there had the sun been out. It was a bit tricky to find the trail since we had to walk through a residential area, but once we found it, the rest of the trail wasn't too hard to follow :)

Got stuck behind a tour group and did not want to be behind them for the entire hike...

So we managed to get past them and follow these elderly ladies who were in good shape for their age! 

An hour later, but my friend was all smiles ^^



Reached the end of the trail and walked a minute or so..

..until we reached the cable car station. This is where all of the buses stop by to pick up visitors before taking them to various stops around the mountain. An all-day pass costs 450 yen so if you plan on spending the day there, I would recommend getting one :)

Beautiful view despite the clouds =] 


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll be visiting my aunt in Tokyo this weekend, but will try and post on my usual days :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment