Monday, May 4, 2015

Thousands of Tori



My time with the JET Program is slowly coming to an end and I'm flying back home to Hawaii at the end of July. That being said, there are still so many places that I want to visit and revisit. Fushimi-Inari is one of them and I went back there for the last time a couple of weekends ago. The first time that I went was during New Year's weekend in my last year. I went back a couple of more times, but this was my last visit. It's always a nice walk to do early in the morning before the crowds come in and the sheer amount of tori that you see the entire time is simply amazing, especially when walking through tunnels of them. 







The more a company or person pays, the larger their tori will be. 



Visitors can also buy smaller tori and leave them at the many shrines that dot the path.









Please visit this shop!! It's located right next to the train station and the elderly couple that runs it is very nice :) It isn't flashy or touristy at all which I really liked. Just simple, yummy snacks :)


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful Golden Week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment