Friday, May 1, 2015

Akashi Kaikyo Bridge



Happy Golden Week to my Japan readers! The Akashi Kaikyo Bridge connects Kobe to Awaji Island and is the longest suspension bridge in the world with a length of over 12,000 feet. I didn't stay long as this was my last stop before heading home after my day at Awaji. However, there are a few buildings that visitors can go to such as the Maiko Promenade which offers views of the bridge's interior as well as an observatory hallway, and the Bridge Exhibition Center which provides in-depth information about the planning and construction of the bridge (the information is only in Japanese though). Driving across the bridge to Awaji Island will set you back 2,300 yen as the toll fee is a bit expensive, so I recommend catching one of the buses (500 yen one way) to and from the island :)



Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment