Friday, May 29, 2015

Tea House View



The last time I visited Himeji Kokoen, I didn't have a chance to visit the tea house and regretted not trying it. After I had a light, yet filling lunch at the garden restaurant, I walked around for a bit before ducking inside the tea house. For 500 yen, you get a cup of matcha and a wagashi while enjoying another beautiful view of the garden. Just sitting down, sipping my tea and nibbling on the wagashi while looking out gave me such a feeling of contentment. I always look forward to drinking the hot, thick and frothy matcha while eating the sweet wagashi that looks more like a work of art than food to eat. The Japanese take their seasons very seriously (and I mean SERIOUSLY) so the wagashi that is served is handmade to reflect the current season. If anyone knows of a wagashi store, please let me know in the comments below! :)








Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment