Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sea of Green: Tofukuji Temple



Tofukuji was next on my "to do" list and since I was already in the area while visiting Fushimi-Inari, I decided to drop by before lunch. This temple was founded by the Fujiwara clan in the early 1200s and is also a combination of two other powerful temples: Todaiji and Kofukuji, both of which are located in Nara. Tofukuji becomes incredibly popular during the fall for its autumn leaves, but is relatively quiet during the other seasons. Because of this, I wanted to visit it and avoid the crowds. Despite going in the early afternoon, it was fairly quiet and empty and I took that opportunity to enjoy the peacefulness :) This was only my second time going, but I think it's safe to say that this is one of my favorite places ^^ 

Bridge that leads to the entrance of the temple.

View from the bridge :) Autumn must be absolutely breathtaking!

After paying a small fee of 400 yen, you can wander around the garden area :)


View of the bridge from the temple side.













Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment