Friday, May 15, 2015

Omotesando: Glittering Mirrors



I recently visited my aunt in Tokyo this past weekend and this time, I wanted to go to places that I haven't gone to before. Because my aunt was taking the day to rest for our outing the next day, I decided to hop onto a train and explore Omotesando and Harajuku. After exiting from Harajuku Station, I walked towards Omotesando which is an avenue about a kilometer long, lined with various restaurants, shops and boutiques. These are more expensive than Harajuku and are catered to the older and wealthier crowd. I was surprised at how crowded Omotesando was until I realized that it was Mother's Day and many families were out and about. The avenue was a little too packed for me, so I ended up walking through the side streets and taking photos of interesting fashion that you'll only find in Japan :) 

Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajuku opened in 2012, so it is still fairly new. It marks the intersection between Harajuku and Omotesando and, like many shopping centers in Japan, has multiple floors filled with fashion stores along with popular western brands such as American Eagle and Tommy Hilfiger. What drew me to this place was the entrance as it was especially unique in the way that people who walked past or went up the escalators were reflected in the mirrors.


Kaleidoscope of mirrors :)

There's a cafe terrace where you can sit down and enjoy the view while sipping a nice drink :)
















Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment