Friday, December 12, 2014

Crowds and Jewel Tones: Autumn in Arashiyama

Hope everyone is off having a good weekend! :) Today's post will be from my day trip to Arashiyama a few weekends ago. Arashiyama is one of my favorite areas in Kyoto because of it's beauty and location, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go see more autumn foliage. However, I definitely wasn't the only person going as Arashiyama is one of the most popular places to go to during autumn. If you really want to visit Arashiyama during the fall, DO NOT GO ON A WEEKEND. That is my advice. Go on a weekday if possible. There were so many people there and to be honest, it was a little overwhelming, but I was still glad to have gone. My friends and I started at Tenryuji before walking away from the main street and up towards the smaller temples in hopes of avoiding crowds, but it was simply impossible. Wherever you went, there were huge crowds. It was still quite an experience though! :)



The famous garden and pond at Tenryuji Temple :) 

View from the temple

I thought it was crowded during sakura season, but fall seems to be more popular O.o 







Quick coffee break and I loved their menu display! It was so festive ^^






My friends and I didn't even attempt to go further in because it was so crowded (and this wasn't even on the main street!)


By lunchtime, the crowds looked like this. There were LONG lines outside of restaurants and the wait time seemed to be at least an hour or so. They even had to close off part of the main street because people started to walk on the street instead of the sidewalks.

Heading back to the station and they had these to prevent people from walking on the street.


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment