Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Autumn Bursts: Eikando Temple

Another post from exploring the northeastern area of Kyoto! :) After I visited Nanzenji, I walked over to Eikando. This temple is only about a five-minute walk from Nanzenji so I highly recommend that you visit it if time allows. The fee to enter is usually 600 yen, but because Eikando becomes extremely popular during the fall (and you'll see why!), it increases to 1,000 yen. Initially, I thought it was a very high fee, but after walking through the grounds and the different buildings, I had no complaints or regrets :) It was bursting with autumn colors and everywhere you looked was very picturesque.


Entrance to the temple ^^



The bridge turned out to be a VERY popular place to take photos...


Getting those pictures

It always makes me happy to see a father spending time with his children ^^ Probably because Japanese fathers are known to come home very late.







If you walk up the stairs to Tahoto Pagoda, you'll be able to see the rest of the temple grounds and the city of Kyoto :)



Walking down the stairs from Tahoto Pagoda



Visitors can walk through the various buildings (as well as under them!)


















Hojo Pond :) Believe it or not, there were about fifty other people behind and around me when I shot this! 

Thought the blue sky was just too gorgeous to not be included in the picture :)



Taking a small break with a cup of matcha and some sweets




Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment