Thursday, July 2, 2015

City Views: Fukuoka Tower




I hope you're all keeping cool this summer! Today's post will be the first of several from my trip to Fukuoka a couple of weeks ago. I usually do day trips on my own, but haven't been entirely on my own for a weekend trip. Cheap airfares and a spontaneous decision made me book a ticket to Fukuoka :) 

My first stop (after dinner, of course) was Fukuoka Tower, which offers stunning panoramic views of the city from the observation deck 123 meters off the ground. I was given a bunch of information from one of the employees as we rode up the elevator. She spoke not only in English, but in Korean as well for the Korean tourists! The tower (234 meters high) is a well-known symbol of Fukuoka and is covered with 8,000 mirror panels, reflecting the sky on any given day. It is also built to withstand earthquakes up to a magnitude of 7 and winds up to 63 meters/sec. The tower is lit up at night with various designs depending on the season. Impressed yet? I was! The view from the observation deck was truly spectacular-- thousands of bright jewels just glittering at night ^^ By the way, foreigners get a 20% discount on admission tickets so be sure to show your passport! 









Thank you for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment