Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Kyo Kinana: Sweet Explosion




I stopped by Kyo Kinana while I was in Kyoto this weekend and was a little disappointed that they didn't have a winter parfait but immediately ordered their Italian parfait and it was...SO.GOOD. The top was an Italian gelato with frozen raspberries on top. While it wasn't as creamy as their famous dekitate ice cream (they are too soft for layering), it was still very good. 

Underneath was a candied chestnut with a blueberry sauce, biscuits that are baked in-house at their second location (Yakitsukasa), and last but not least, tiramisu on the bottom. The rich, sweet cream mixed with the cocoa powder and biscuits just melted in my mouth. Worth every yen that I paid :) If you stop by on the weekends, I highly recommend that you come right when they open at 11:00 because this shop is popular with the locals. I arrived about five minutes before they opened, and there was already a line! Definitely a must-do if you're in the Gion area :)

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week! Going to be going to the Yuki Matsuri in Hokkaido for a few days so I can't wait to write more posts about it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment