Saturday, February 28, 2015

Jumbo and 7: Otaru Soft-serve



Because I couldn't wait another two days until my next post for this one...here you go! :) 

My top priority in Hokkaido was to go to the Yuki Matsuri, but a close second was to try different food, and (of course), their soft-serve. There is a milk plant in Otaru, but it was closed for the winter, leaving me extremely disappointed. I might have kicked the snow like a child when I read the sign, but as my friends and I walked through various streets, we saw a sign outside an ice cream shop with the word "Jumbo" written and a picture of a HUGE ice cream cone. I positively ran inside and ordered their jumbo soft-serve in a chocolate and vanilla swirl for 980 yen. A little pricey for some, but when you consider the size of this mammoth of an ice cream, it's worth every yen :) And let me tell you, it was damn good. As expected from Hokkaido, the ice cream was smooth and creamy, but not too heavy.

Halfway through eating the jumbo soft-serve, we saw yet another sign with a seven-flavor soft-serve. Call me greedy and a fatty, but I was determined to try that one as well. My friends finished the rest of the jumbo soft-serve for me (they raved about its consistency and it was gone in no time) while I got the seven-flavor cone. The ice cream wasn't as creamy, but I was focused on the flavors so I didn't mind at all. It might not have been as tall, but it was definitely flavorful :)

From top to bottom: grape, strawberry, matcha, melon, vanilla, lavender and chocolate.


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week ^^



No comments:

Post a Comment