Saturday, January 31, 2015

Unforgettable: Big Bang Dome Concert




So many of my friends have been to concerts in Japan and I've always wanted to experience a large concert while I was here. Enter Big Bang. They're a very popular group from Korea and have a large fanbase in Japan as well (they release songs in both languages). I listen to a lot of their songs and randomly decided to see if they had any upcoming concerts in Japan this year. Imagine my surprise and shock when I found out that they had a concert in Osaka!! Two of my friends and I bought our tickets for about 9,800 yen and we made it out there on a Saturday :] I've never been to a large concert before in my life, so this one will remain unforgettable to me :) 

If you're part of their official fanclub, you enter in this area 

Big Bang merchandise and I was shocked by how much people bought! Clothes, towels, hats, pens, light sticks, jewelry, keychains, etc. were all available for fans. 

They were a lot of young children here as well-- I saw many elementary students and junior high school students with their siblings or parents. This girl was sporting one of the bags (over 6,000 yen)

Many fans dressed up to the nines for this concert and wore every piece of Big Bang merchandise that they owned. Colored face masks were extremely popular since Big Bang's record label, YG Entertainment, is known to use them in performances and whatnot. 

It was pretty cold, but apparently not cold enough to stop some girls from wearing shorts in the winter weather..


Their glow stick! I caved and bought one because I've secretly wanted to use one in a concert :) When all the fans are waving these during the concert, it literally looks like a sea of lights. This was the only picture I could get inside Osaka Dome because they were rather strict about taking pictures indoors :( 

Three and a half hours later, the concert was over, but it was, to say the least, epic. All of the members have a very strong stage presence and their live singing didn't disappoint :) 

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment