Monday, January 12, 2015

Dal bhat-tarkari: Nepalese Cuisine is Served!




I hope you all had a weekend! :) While in Tokyo with my aunt, we met up with two of her nieces and they took us to a restaurant that specialized in Nepalese cuisine. The four of us all ordered the same thing: dal bhat-tarkari. Served with rice or another type of grain in addition to a vegetable curry, dal is a soup typically made of lentils  and a variety of spices. It was my first time trying this type of cuisine, and I really enjoyed it! The waitress told us that the proper way to eat our meal was to take a spoonful of one of the dishes and mix it in with the rice (mixing in all three was also very delicious ^^) before eating it. 

From left to right: vegetable curry, chicken curry, and lentil soup.

Also ordered this insanely yummy mango yogurt drink :D


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment