Thursday, January 1, 2015

Nakano Daily Choco: Eight Ice Cream Levels of Happiness



Happy New Years everyone!! I'll have a post on some of the food that I ate for new years, but that'll be in a couple of days.

I haven't seen my aunty (who lives in Kanagawa prefecture) in years so when she told me that she was free during winter break, I booked my plane ticket to Tokyo that same night :) It was so nice to be able to spend a few days with her and we went to various areas in Tokyo and Kanagawa (more posts to come soon!) Today's post will be from the start of our first full day.

There is a small ice cream shop in Nakano called Daily Choco where you can get a HUGE cone with all eight flavors for only 440 yen! After getting off at Nakano Station, go to the shotengai and walk to the end where you'll see Nakano Broadway building. Go downstairs to BF1 and you'll find the soft serve shop :) There aren't any chairs so you'll have to stand up and eat your ice cream, but I highly recommend this place! If you get the Tokudai cone, you'll get all eight flavors that are available although some might change according to the season. When the lady handed me the ice cream cone, she warned me to keep it steady and straight or it might tip over and fall, and to be honest, I probably would have been depressed  if that happened.

Counter at the shop. From left to right: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, a cafe-flavored one, sweet potato, sesame, matcha, and ramune. 

This beautiful masterpiece :) top to bottom: strawberry, cafe-flavored, vanilla, chocolate, sweet potato, sesame, matcha and ramune.


Thank you so much for reading! I hope you all have a safe and healthy New Year!! May 2015 be even better for you all :)



No comments:

Post a Comment