Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building: Panoramic City Views




While I was in Tokyo with my aunty, I was determined to see views of the city from high buildings and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building did not disappoint. This 243 meter skyscraper is located in Shinjuku and offers tourists spectacular panorama views of Tokyo for FREE. Yep, you can go here for free :) The building has two towers (North and South) and each of them have observatories with a height of 202 meters. While both towers provide breathtaking views of Mt. Fuji, Tokyo Skytree and more, the North Tower has longer hours so I recommend you go there if you want some night views. On a side note, your bag will be checked before you go up the elevators since the building does have various offices belonging to the government. 


Can you see Tokyo Skytree? It's the tall, thin building way in the back!

I was amazed by how small many buildings appeared to be. 



 Aunty enjoying the view :)


They have these helpful maps that tell visitors which building is which. 



Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment