Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Night to Day: Arashiyama Sakura





Last year's sakura season in Arashiyama was so stunning that I just had to go back again this year. However, the weather didn't seem to be in my favor as a majority of the days that I was able to go out were all overcast and rainy. I arrived in Arashiyama just after seven in the morning, only to be welcome with dark clouds and a light drizzle. The sun peeked out from the clouds as the day progressed, but the morning was gloomy and dark. However, the bad weather seemed to have prevented many people from coming as it wasn't nearly as crowded as it was last year. 



Quite a gloomy greeting, but beggars can't be choosy I suppose.



The clouds were incredibly low and dark during the morning, a stark contrast to the fragile and soft pink sakura petals. 


FINALLY!! I was able to walk through the bamboo forest and get a picture with only one other person. 


Not much of a view, but still interesting.

I can only imagine how gorgeous these trees would be on a sunny day :)

Ducked for cover from the rain in this little rest area. No one else came by.






The sun started to peek out after lunch :)


Stumbled upon this place by accident only to realize that this is one of "secret" akura areas that the rickshaw pullers take their customers. Going off the beaten path can lead you to some beautiful areas :)




Different view of Togetsukyo Bridge :)


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment