Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Chionji Handicraft Market: Omiyage Heaven



I love going to the handicraft and flea markets in Kyoto because there is always such a variety of goodies that you can find and buy. My parents partially planned their trip to Japan specifically around the Chionji handicraft market after seeing pictures. While I like to purchase gifts and omiyage for people whenever I go, I chose to focus on taking pictures this time around. My mom is the queen of omiyage and she always had her market bags ready to go. She might have been ecstatic when she saw the hundreds of vendors there :) Like me, my dad was taking pictures although he still enjoyed walking around and looking at what each vendor was selling. If you're looking for unique omiyage that's hand-made and not sold in every omiyage shop, this is definitely your place ^^I hope you guys enjoy the pictures! 






One of my favorite vendors! I absolutely loved all of the wooden products that she was selling. 



I actually made a beeline for this vendor when I saw the food, thinking that it was real...

Looks pretty convincing, right?


Donguri!!!! My mom would have definitely bought this if there was a safe way to transport them back home. 






Nothing like some fresh, cranberry bread as a quick and yummy snack ^^



Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment