Saturday, March 14, 2015

Chirimen: Soft Wrinkles



Whenever I'm in Kyoto, I always see stores that sell a variety of chirimen crafts. The cloth used to make these has a very unique feature in that it has soft wrinkles which is created by weaving two different types of thread in different directions. Chirimen is a traditional weaving technique that was developed in Japan and has since become an omiyage favorite with tourists traveling to Kyoto. I walked into this chirimen shop while I was walking through the streets near Ginkakuji and was VERY tempted to buy some of those cute sushi ones!! :D I'll add more pictures from previous day-trips to Kyoto later on.



Just select the sushi that you want and put them into a box (S,M, or L) and when you bring it to the register, they'll ring it up for you depending on the size of the box and which sushi you put inside ^^





Might have to go back to make a cute chirimen bento!











Thank  you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment