Sunday, November 9, 2014

Culture Day: A display of art, music, and hard work

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend and are keeping warm this fall :)

A couple of weeks ago, my junior high school had their Culture Day and this year, I brought my camera to take pictures of everything that I saw :) The students displayed the work that they had completed during summer break and second semester. To say that I was impressed would be an understatement. I am always blown away with their creativity, precision and innovation although I feel quite unaccomplished compared to the work that they had done.

While it varies from school to school, Culture Day usually takes place on a weekend, allowing parents to come to the school and visit various rooms where the students have displayed their work. This includes science, home-economics, art, etc. For my school, the winners from the music contest of each grade level sang at Culture Day and some of my 3rd years (9th graders) put on a play with props, costumes, lighting, music, the whole shebang :) As usual, none of the pictures will show the faces of my students for privacy reasons, but I hope you guys enjoy them nonetheless ^^

Home-making room

Home-making club :)



 Art gallery :)

Seriously? This doesn't even look like it was drawn! O.o So much talent~









Poster for the play :)

Each room had a blue and yellow sign next to it to inform visitors of the grade/subject

For wood shop, the students not only had to make something, but they also had to make a poster that explained the process of the making of their finished product.














Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful week! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment