Saturday, June 6, 2015

Gioji Temple: Moss Carpets



After my delicious lunch, I walked a couple of minutes up the street next to the restaurant to Gioji Temple. It's tucked quite a ways into the forest and is known for its moss gardens. Because of the delicate condition of the moss, visitors are not allowed to step on it, but merely looking at it is more than enough :)  There are a good deal of maple trees in the garden as well and because of this, the temple can get busy and crowded during fall when crowds flock to Arashiyama for the leaves. The temple's main hall and entrance have thatched roofs which I really liked, but was unable to get pictures of :( Sorry for the difference in colors for some of the pictures! I was changing the white balance a bit and it altered how the colors came out. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy!










Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment