Monday, July 14, 2014

Back in Time: Streets of Gion

Happy Monday everyone!

No matter how many times I visit Kyoto, the Gion district is one of my favorite places to go because of the traditional buildings and atmosphere that it evokes. My friend and I were lucky enough to explore the streets early and thus escaped the mid morning crowds :) It's always nice to wander through the side streets rather than just Hanami-koji Lane (the main street) because of the unexpected and different restaurants, bars, machiya and other stores.



Traditional menu with the food and price.


The streets aren't very wide, but mopeds, cars and small trucks are still able to navigate their way through!


Traditional streets and buildings never get old. The atmosphere is always peaceful and different from the bustling downtown area. 

Rare empty shot of the main street in Gion. 

Sign for Kyo Kinana-- home to the best parfaits :) And located on one of the side streets! You can click here to see my post about the summer parfaits that my friend and I ate there. 


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment