Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Japan Omiyage Haul

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I can't explain to you all how excited I am for this day to come!! It's almost been a year since I last saw my family (skype was very helpful, but definitely not the same) and I'll be flying back to Hawaii for a nice three-week vacation ^^ That being said, I've been collecting omiyage since I came to Japan and had a wonderful time playing tetris with the numerous gifts in my suitcase. Some people like to buy all of their omiyage a couple of weeks before they leave, but I prefer to buy over time so that I won't be stressed out and won't drop 30,000 yen in the span of two weeks but rather over the course of many months. I don't want to know how much I've spent on omiyage, but it's always worth it :) As of now, I'm quite certain that my luggage consists of ninety percent omiyage and ten percent clothes and other miscellaneous things. Quite a few pictures in this post so I hope you enjoy some of the omiyage that I'm bringing home :)

Can't go to Kyoto and NOT bring back some yatsuhashi :) The pink one is peach and the blue one has matcha and cinnamon (and a very nice wrapping for the Gion Matsuri)

My brother and mom loved the arare that I sent them for their birthdays so I made sure to buy a couple more bags :]

Kinako jam from Kyo Kinana ^^ I already have a few different uses for this jam

Ten different flavored salts from Kyoto! 

Waffle snacks from Kobe (strawberry, maple and chocolate)

I love to save boxes and use them to hold fragile omiyage such as this torii gate :) 


Bought these adorable little trinket purses at the Chionji Handicraft Market :) 

Such cute handkerchiefs!! I have a couple, but haven't used them yet because I'm afraid of getting them dirty 

Had to pick one of these up while I was in Hiroshima :)

And because not all people are the best drivers, I bought a traffic omamori for my cousins to keep them safe from the crazies out on the road

Washi tape has been extremely popular these days and I couldn't resist buying a few (okay A LOT--they're just not pictured) for some friends :)

I would consider it to be a crime if I came home without anything matcha-flavored

So I picked up a couple of other snacks ^^ 


Thank you so much for reading! I still have a few posts from this past week so I'll have those up later :) Have a wonderful week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment