Sunday, May 4, 2014

Never Too Much: Ice cream of Japan

I love ice cream. So much. I eat it everyday and even my teachers and students know that it's my favorite food :) That being said, I can never resist buying ice cream whenever I'm out exploring and have thus started a collection of ice cream pictures that I would love to show you all! Get ready for an overload of ice cream goodness!

This fall parfait was in a previous Kyoto post, but I couldn't resist putting it up again! 

Dekitate kinnako ice cream from the same ice cream shop in Kyoto :]

Bought this classic vanilla ice cream with strawberry sauce from a small, but yummy shop in Nishiki Market

After completing the long walk at Fushimi-Inari, my friend and I decided to reward ourselves with this!

Same shop at Nishiki Market, but this time, it was kinnako ice cream! 

Ice cream in Japan wouldn't be complete without a matcha cone :) 

A little small for the 350 yen that I paid at Mosaic, but it was yummy nonetheless!

Sakura and matcha ice cream with whipped cream and chocolate syrup? Yes please. This shop is located on the way to Kiyomizu from the train station 

Sakura ice cream in Hiroshima with little bits of shiso in it!! It was before 10 in the morning, but it's never too early to eat ice cream ^^

From Miyajima Island! They're known for their orange-flavored goodies such as kit kats and ice cream so I wasn't going to deny myself the opportunity to try both!

Olu Olu doesn't only have decent Hawaiian local food, but their peanut butter ice cream is seriously THE BEST. And they make it themselves too. Enough said.

Can we just admire this beautiful masterpiece? I'm making it my mission to get this every time I go to Arashiyama! From top to bottom: black sesame, ume, vanilla, and matcha.

Ate this one up at the Nunobiki Herb Garden :) Milk honey and it was so thick and creamy~ I could definitely taste the honey in it! 



Hungry for ice cream yet? :) Thank you so much for reading! If anyone knows a good ice cream place in Kobe, please let me know! 

1 comment:

  1. Dammit Avis, now I want ice cream!! :P Great post, I love how you captured a little of the background in each photo to give it context.

    ReplyDelete