Monday, April 14, 2014

Hanami Season: Arashiyama Part 3

Happy Monday everyone~ ^^ Here's the final part to my day in Arashiyama! :) This one won't focus on anything in particular, but rather a glimpse into Arashiyama after the tourist crowds came in. I hope you all enjoy!

Found this empty park after exiting from the Bamboo Grove Forest :) Aside from a few people, I was lucky enough to enjoy the park to myself!

One of the MANY buses of tourist groups that flocked to Arashiyama

Rickshaws! I give these guys so much credit for carrying people around all day. 

That picture in Part 1 of the main street? Same one! Just a couple of hours later :) 

Was lucky enough to see maiko as I was walking alongside the river! It definitely doesn't happen very often.

Decided to wonder around to escape the crowds and came across this little haven ^^

Stumbled upon this quaint shop that had a huge variety of wooden merchandise and ceramics! A bunch of them appeared to be antiques too. My dad would definitely love it here :) 


More tourist joining in on the sights

There was a music box store and all of the music boxes were GORGEOUS! I just might have to buy one the next time I go back there :) 

Bringing the boats in...and can you see all the people on the bridge? O.o

You could rent out a boat and go for a nice, relaxing ride down the river :)

Walked by this rest stop on the opposite side of the river (definitely not as touristy) where people could sit back and enjoy a quick bite to eat while they soaked in the view :]

Don't know about you guys, but I thought her idea was absolutely SICK. Talk about an efficient way to keep your drinks cool and your fish fresh!

Walked about a kilometer away from the bridge on a path that hardly anyone was on and was able to relax on the rocks and enjoy the quietness.

The once empty park in the morning was quite crowded with families and friends enjoying the sakura as they ate their bento and other snacks :)


Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed the pictures ^^ Next post will be about more of the food that I ate in Kyoto with my 3年生 teachers :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment