Monday, December 9, 2013

Lights of Hope: Kobe Luminarie

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend :) December is already here so that means Christmas is around the corner! I don't know about you guys, but I'm in full swing with Christmas decorations and music ^^

My friend and I went to see the Kobe Luminarie this past weekend and it was gorgeous! This annual event draws in thousands of people and was first started in 1995 after the Hanshin earthquake as a way to give people hope. Ever since then, it's been a very popular event and we were very lucky to see it! Japan may not have as many Christmas lights as America does, but the patterns and designs definitely blew me away :) Please click on the pictures for better quality!

Getting geared up and ready for the hordes of people 

There was seriously no end to the amount of people that I could see in back...
..and in front! 

Daimaru looks more like a grand hotel than a store! 

Trees lit the way for everyone before the start of the Luminarie :)

So beautiful~ it was definitely awe-inspiring :)

The lights (and crowd) seemed to go on forever

Once we exited the gates, we were greeted by this magnificent lit up gondola :) 



Thank you so much for reading! I hope you all have a wonderful week and good luck with Christmas shopping :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment