Sunday, December 29, 2013

Nishiki Market: Tasting a Bit of Kyoto's Culture

Happy Monday everyone!! I hope you're all enjoying your winter vacations with your loved ones :) And it's almost the end of 2013! I seriously don't know where the year went--time seems to have gone by so quickly.

My friend and I went out into Kyoto again, but this time, we decided to visit Nishiki Market which first started out as a fish market in 1615. Today, the market has more than a hundred vendors and shops that sell things from fresh miso to dried fish and handmade hashi. It was bustling with people- both locals and tourists and it was so much fun to try sample after sample as well as buy a few goodies to snack on throughout the day :) Not gonna lie, I had to eat something while I looked through the pictures because I got super~ hungry. Enjoy!

















I hope you enjoyed looking through some of the food that was sold at the market ^^ Thank you so much for reading and have a wonderful winter vacation! Don't forget to stay warm :) Are you doing anything in preparation for New Year's? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment