Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tokyo Orientation Pictures

Since I finally got internet, I can upload some pictures!! :)

When we arrived in Tokyo, we were greeted by so many friendly faces who enthusiastically pointed us toward where the buses were. They essentially formed a line from the terminal all the way to the baggage claim area and out the door and down the sidewalk until we saw lines of buses.


We were able to explore the city after checking into our rooms at the Keio Plaza Hotel and it was such an amazing experience! The humidity took its toll on us, but it was so much fun to walk around and peek into all the stores.


Some stores are several stories high and each floor sells specific merchandise. For an example:
The first main floor had glasses and sunglasses, the first floor above it sold casual watches, the 2nd floor sold more high-end watches, the 3rd floor sold fitness and brand bags and the 4th floor sold clocks (I bought my alarm clock on that floor!)

The Hawaii JETs were all pretty close since we spent a lot of time together during pre-departure events and at the airport. We decided to go for a round of karaoke and needless to say, it was a blast :D

Night life can be such an adventure :) My friend and I were on the 29th floor of the Keio Plaza Hotel and our view of the city was exquisite to say the least~

That's my Tokyo Orientation summary! I wasn't able to take pictures inside the hotel during our workshops because there wasn't any time since we were constantly on the go, but I got a shot of one of the many chandeliers that hung in the lobby...

Thank you so much for reading! I'll upload more pictures of Kobe life soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment