Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Japanese Food Displays

I'm a sucker for Japanese food, but what continues to amaze me on a daily basis are the food displays that restaurants and shops put out on display for hungry customers like me to see what they sell and give in to my hungry tummy and go inside. Apparently these are called さんぷる, or sample, and are handmade from polyvinyl chloride. The market for these in Japan is huge and the plastic models are custom-made for different restaurants to look identical to their food which blows my mind.


Hungry yet? The details and texture of the fake food never fails to impress me. Always a great strategy to entice potential customers :) I wonder how long it takes to make a set of these....


Would seeing these on display encourage you to stop by for a bite to eat? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment