Thursday, October 3, 2013

Elementary Sports Day

Happy almost-Friday~! :)

I hope everyone's week has been going well so far! Last weekend, I was able to attend the Sports Day for one of my elementary schools and was able to get pictures of the games and activities that they did! It was White vs. Red and needless to say, the entire day was filled with lots of excitement. None of the pictures here will show faces for privacy reasons, but I hope you all enjoy the pictures :) Their Sports Day was not as die-hard competitive as my middle school's one, but it was still so much fun to experience!

The students sat in their chairs around the field while guests sat underneath the white tents.

Standing in straight, uniformed lines before the opening ceremony

The cutest ninja's I will ever see in my life :) 
Jump rope routine with the 4th graders

They made riding a unicycle look incredibly easy. TT.TT

Fancy hula hoop waves :) 
Kibasen: the insanely competitive game where one student tries to grab the hats off each other teams while being held up by their teammates

Relay race between white and red team to roll huge rubber balls around the field first and carry it onto the stand
Tug-of-war! :)

Another relay race where the students had to roll the large rubber balls around a flag and back to their waiting team members 

Best for last: Kumitaisou~ :) 






I hope you enjoyed the pictures! If you are ever in Japan and have the opportunity, please attend a Sports Day! It is truly an amazing and wonderful experience :) Thank you so much for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment